|Your favourite Physio’s in Newmarket and St Heliers|
Unfortunately, we are facing uncharted territory at the moment with the current health pandemic COVID-19. Our thoughts are with the affected people and families. It’s business as usual at our Refine Health clinics in Newmarket (behind the Olympic Pools) and St Heliers (Within St Heliers Medical Centre). In fact, it’s a business that’s even more aware and super diligent with the health and safety of its customers (YOU) and its staff.
Here is what we are doing in the clinic to mitigate the risk of any infection including the current threat of COVID-19, read below…
Our infection control policy
We have always been diligent about cleanliness and hygiene so nothing changes there, but just so you know what we do:
– Hand sanitizer is available at reception for everyone to use when entering or leaving
– We are spraying all door handles and surfaces multiple times a day with disinfectant spray, including the bathrooms, pilates space and physio rooms.
– We wipe down all contact surfaces for you the patient, in between each treatment session with hospital-grade sanitiser.
– In our physio rooms, we have provided gloves, head sheets, paper one-use bed sheets and hand sanitizer.
– We are obviously complying with all government regulations with staff in relation to travel and self-isolation
– We have a strict hand-washing policy in place
– We are closely following the advice put out but the Ministry of Health and this is the first place you should check for the latest updates. You can also free call the COVID-19 specific health line on 0800 358 5453 which is available 24/7.
How can you help?
• Please don’t come to the clinic if you are unwell
• If you have been in contact with anyone being tested for Covid-19 please don’t come in until the results are known.
• Please observe the government’s rules around self-isolation/ quarantine after travel.
• Wash your hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds and dry thoroughly.
• Cover sneezes and coughs by coughing into your elbow or using a tissue.
We all need to work together and look after each other. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact us at any point firstname.lastname@example.org
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) include fever, coughing and difficulty breathing. Difficulty breathing can be a sign of pneumonia and requires immediate medical attention.
Go to the Ministry of Health website for more information about the signs and symptoms: COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) – Ministry of Health
Preventing the risk in general
Everybody should follow the following basic principles to reduce the risk of getting an acute respiratory infection or passing it on to others:
regularly washing hands (for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and dry thoroughly)
covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze
staying home if you are sick
avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
if you feel unwell you should avoid public gatherings and events
cleaning surfaces regularly (when infection is suspected).
Go to the Ministry of Health website for more information about preventing the risk: COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) guidance – Ministry of Health
Healthline has set up a dedicated 0800 number specifically for health-related calls about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus): The number is 0800 358 5453; Or for international SIMs +64 9 358 5453. Healthline has translators and interpreters available 24/7 in 150 languages including Mandarin and Cantonese. Or contact your own doctor for medical advice.
Thank you for your help keeping our clinics safe!
The Refine Health team
Stu, Nick, Pauline, Kate, Emma & Deb
Any questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com
But wait there’s more… Remember to get outside and exercise during this time!!
Stu our owner, physio and run squad coach has some cool tips for exercising and keeping healthy in your own backyard and community…